Monday, January 27, 2014

Adjusting

Hello!

Life in Montana is starting to fall right into place.  We are slowing finding our niche.  We found a church..are slowly making some friends...and I found a hair salon and stylist that I love...

Gavin
Gavin has gotten into pretending quit a bit lately.  It's quit precious.  He has a bear that joins us for dinner, wears Gav's clothes, gets tucked in with Gavin and last night he even got a bath with Gavin - he was in the bath before I had the choice to tell him no.  Gavin even feeds the bear, just like ma'ma feeds Sage - haha!! He is always asking him if he needs to go potty, or if he is okay.  And often tells him "it's ok bear, we can fix it". It's funny what you don't realize you say until it's coming out of Gavin's mouth ALL the time.  He often starts his sentences with, "so mom"... cracks me up every time.
Gav also has a mat that has roads, stores, trees and stuff like that on it.  He calls it his Town, all of his cars, animals and men live there.  We play in it everyday.  He likes to line up his cars, load up the front loaders and of course crash the cars.





Gavin also loves to feed his sister - haha!!




Gavin had his first dentist appointment this week.  He did really well... he rode the chair up and down, got to shoot the "squirt gun" and had a little watermelon fluoride painted on.  I can't believe my baby is old enough to go to the dentist.






Sage
Sage is just so cute and makes me smile.  She is quite the ham!  I have a feeling she is going to be a lot like her brother:)  She is fast; though she is not quite crawling yet...  but she has the army crawl down.  She loves to play in the tunnel we have set up in the play room.  We took Sage swimming for the first time last week, she absolutely loved it, plus she was adorable in her purple swimsuit - I love having a girl:)

Izzy
Izzy is adjusting well, however she cannot wait to have a fence so she can have a yard to run around in again. The poor thing has definitely taken a back seat since the kiddos have come along.  We try our hardest to get her out for a walk, hike, dog park (what have you) at least once a week.  Sometimes that doesn't even happen.  Poor thing is also making Brian lose his mind.  We have hardwood floors in our new place and if you know Izzy you know she is not the calmest/ most graceful thing.  So we are starting to see some nice scratches here and there.  The solution....booties.  Yes...out dog wears booties.  She is a completely different dog in them. I would call it DEPRESSED.  They sure do save the hardwood.  She doesn't have to wear them all the time.  It's pretty funny!!

Brian and I feel like we are constantly working on a house project, and if you can imagine we don't have as much time for that as we would like with 2 little tykes running around.  We are loving our new life in Montana.  We found a hiking trail 1 mile away from us and the day we went, no one was on it.  It was amazing.  Last week our church hosted a free ski night on the local ski hill (Great Divide).  It was awesome! We took the kiddos so we didn't ski but we enjoyed the fire pit, hot dogs, hot chocolate and meeting new people.  For Christmas Preston bought Brian and I tickets to the local theater.  On Friday we are looking forward to a night out.

GO BRONCOS!!!




3 comments:

  1. Great Divide, finally, I am so happy and Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it friend! Thanks for the bootie pic. LOL made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya! I'm so glad to read some updates and see your cutie faces. I miss you! I'll visit this spring, I swear. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete