December has been such a fun month. I love the Christmas holiday. I love the atmosphere of the lights, trees and family being together. It's such a happy, cozy time for me. I love reflecting on memories of being a child and making new memories with my family!
Some friends of ours threw a great Christmas party. Santa showed up and passed out gifts to the kids. It was such a fun experience. Gavin waited patiently (he was the last name called) for his gift and was so excited to open a gift from Santa. Sage was just excited for the candy cane! She's not too into the gifts yet - but it was precious.
We had our friend Shay take some family pictures of us. They turned out so great! Here are a few of my favorites!!
We took a road trip home for Christmas. We spent Christmas in Grand Junction at my dads. We had such a great time - the kids especially loved spending time with grandpa. Dad had so much food, we did not go hungry. Dad prepared his first prime rib for Christmas - it was delicious!! We had a blast just being together; we played games, went bowling and sledding and spent quality time catching up! Dad spoiled us rotten, we weren't sure it would all fit in our car - haha!!
Brian had some work to do in Denver, so Brian and I got to have a few days without kiddos in Denver. Nana and Papa took the kids for 3 days. We had a great time despite the freezing cold temps. I was able to connect with a couple of friends and Brian and I were able to have a couple nights out!
We headed down to Nana and Papas on New Year's Eve to spend our last day in CO. It was so great to spend time with family. We ate good food, the cousins played all day, we opened more presents and just enjoyed one another. Such a great visit! We unfortunately didn't get a lot of pictures, but we did get a fantastic one of Nana and Papa and all the grandkiddos and Brian with Grandma Della!
It took us forever to get home. Gavin had to stop for far too many potty breaks. And the weather turned bad once we were about 60 miles from home. It was awful - complete white out conditions that caused us to spend 3 hours to go that last 1 hour. I don't know if I have ever been so scared. We were definitely sore the next morning from being so tense... It felt so good to be home!
We had an amazing trip home, thanks to everyone who made our trip special!!
Last weekend we took advantage of some pretty nice weather and went snow shoeing. We didn't last too long since we had our kiddos on our backs, but it was great to be outside enjoying God's beautiful creation! Thanks dad for the snow shoes!






No comments:
Post a Comment