Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Summer Summer Time!!

June and July have been such amazing months, especially for me! 

I took an amazing trip to NYC at the end of June to visit my favorite Andrea Heap!!  Brian was absolutely amazing staying with the kids alone for 4 days, giving me a wonderful break!!  We had an incredible time.  It started off with an absolutely amazing rooftop BBQ with some of Andreas co-workers overlooking Manhattan, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Bay.  The next day we had a picnic in Central Park, walked the Brooklyn Bridge and ate some amazing Thai food.  We then enjoyed a fabulous laid back day having brunch, getting pedicures and then got dressed up and went out.  On my last day we enjoyed Coney Island with a hotdog and ice cream...of course and a great boat tour around the bay at twilight.  The trip ended horribly with me deciding it was a good idea to give up my seat for a free ticket.  My flight to Chicago was delayed, rerouted in the air due to storms (the absolute worst turbulence I could imagine) and the second leg was canceled.  I then stayed in Chicago with no luggage mind you-haha.  The next morning I got on a standby flight to Denver where I had a 6 hour layover-so I got to spend some time with my bro!! When I finally got home I was greeted by my sweetie Gav holding a sign that said "Gav's shuttle service"-it was precious.
I am so blessed to have such a dear friend/cousin. We are always on the same page, laugh often, love to eat, chat and always have a blast when we are together.  Life and miles may separate us but this is a friendship that could never be compared.  Thanks Andrea for a great trip.


After a fun June, we took a road trip to Buffalo Wyoming to meet up with our amazing college friends, the Unreins, from Colorado Springs.  It was a long haul but worth every second.  It was so fun to let the kids, run free in the wild while we caught up.  We did some hiking, ate a lot, had some wonderful campfire sessions, made s’mores, designed a makeshift zip line and slack line, had great conversations and enjoyed a nice cattle drive (I know...weird).  The second morning there we woke up to some cowboys and a semi truck full of cows moving in for a new pasture to graze – it was amazing entertainment.  We set up our chairs and watched as they did their thingJ  We miss our great friends so much – it’s amazing to have wonderful friends to share life with.  I think they need to move to Helena!! Miss you Shelb!!  Derrick, there is a sick skate park here.



The rest of the month has consisted of enjoying the beautiful Montana summer: the rodeo, the beach, fishing, Gav's first movie in a theater, the park, jet skiing, more camping, sprinklers, and just being outside!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment